Tuesday 28 January 2014

Dog - Heartbeat At Our Feet


"Not every person knows how to love a dog, but every dog knows how to love a person."

Why are there so many dog lovers out there? Dogs or furballs like I call them, share our lives in a way that most other animal can’t, and they are so close to us that its easy to take their faithful companionship for granted. Dogs have stolen our hearts and made a place in our homes for thousands of years.

I am hoping that through this article we all are reminded as to why we love dogs so much and we stop to spare a few minutes and few words in praise of "man's best friend," the dog.

Dogs are creatures of simple needs and love human companionship. Your dog waits for you by the door, face smiling, mouth open and tail wagging, ready to dote on you - his best friend in this whole wide world. Now, wouldn’t your ego be gratified at the sight of this happy furball who can’t wait to greet you at the end of a hard day? We are the center of their universe and they are always eager to please us in any way they can. They give the best of themselves, their loyalty, unconditional love and affection. In return, we owe them gentle handling and an abundance of our time and love. It is without doubt the best deal man has ever made.

I don't think dog lovers anywhere in the world have not been guilty of praising and talking about their beloved friend with passion and delight. Invariably, the conversation always turns to dogs and then there is no stopping them from sharing loving stories about each other's four legged babies. Here I would like to add my favourite phrase that "dogs are great connectors". They instantly draw people together, whether friends or strangers. People generally regard dog lovers to be an eccentric lot who at the drop of a hat will be ready to stand up not only for their beloved pets but also for the homeless bundle of joy on the streets. I urge everyone to stop and think before pelting stones at a dog. But all I can say to these people is, "You don’t know what joy and happiness is missing in your life!"

The sad part though is that people have so many misconceptions about these beautiful creatures and without a second thought they are mistreated. When one chooses a dog, one must become a responsible dog owner. Never get a dog on a whim, think through your decision as your new puppy will be a family member who will be with you for next ten to fifteen years. He will be giving you his best and deserves the same from you. Sometimes life gets rough and we are forced to make serious choices but abandonment is NEVER acceptable.

Some people feel that a dog needs too much care and attention. You have to feed them and take them for walks. Here, I would like to say that, I can’t imagine my life without my two beautiful girls who have taught me many valuable lessons on our journey together. They are worth any work I have to do because they are not just dogs but they are my babies and my family would not be complete without them. Over the years our bond has strengthened and my girls have been by my side with their smiling faces and wagging tails, helping me go through all the ups and downs in life.

Last but not the least, I would like to end by saying that, love can make a dog’s world go round as much as love makes our world go round. Man is truly blessed and should be honoured to have such a beautiful and faithful friend in his life.

A Very Heart touching article written by Miss Ritu, a teacher in Ekya School. Ekya School is the top CBSE schools in Bangalore.

To Know More about school, Visit: http://www.ekyaschools.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment